Are you the type of person that catches colds and flus often? Let us help!
Most adults catch at least a couple of colds each year. No wonder they’re known as the ‘common’ cold! We understand how frustrating it can be to keep getting sick, which is why we’ve developed our Echinacea 2000 Plus Andrographis formula. It’s a top formula for our customers for immune health support!
Our formula has been developed to reduce the severity and duration of colds and flu, plus it also helps relieve the symptoms of hayfever. What we especially love about our formula is that it doesn’t just help you when you’re sick – it also helps prevent you from getting sick in the first place.
So, what’s in our Echinacea 2000 + Andrographis?
- Echinacea – it supports the immune system response to decrease the frequency, symptoms and severity of common colds
- Andrographis – a herb with a long history of use in Ayurvedic medicine, that relieves symptoms of coughs and sore throats
- Zinc – a mineral that supports the number and the function of our immune system cells
- Vitamin C – commonly used in the prevention of mild upper respiratory tract infections as it helps to encourage the production of white blood cells called lymphocytes
- Betacarotene – protects our macrophages, white blood cells that engulf and destroy foreign substances
- Vitamin E – it’s antioxidant effects protects our cells against damage to free radicals and illnesses
While taking a supplement can certainly help to support healthy immune system function, here are our naturopath’s top two lifestyle & food tips on how else you can ward off colds and flus:
- 1.Ensure you’re getting enough sleep
Did you know that getting enough sleep is actually more important to our bodies than food and water? As we sleep, specific hormones are released to support the activation and production of our immune cells – their activity is at their highest while we sleep1!
- 2.Enjoy plenty of fresh fruit & veggies
While topping up with a supplement is helpful at supporting healthy
immune system function, we mustn’t forget about the amazing nutrients we get
from fruit & veggies. Vitamins A and C are two nutrients found in fresh
produce which are important for our overall wellbeing and to help keep our
immune cells working at their best.
Fruit & veg are also fantastic sources of fibre – fibre is required for a healthy gut, and seeing as most of our immune cells are actually manufactured in the gut, you can’t go wrong with adding in extra fruit & veggies every day!
- 1.Besedovsky, L., Lange, T., Born, J. (2012), Sleep and Immune Function, Pflugers Archiv, 463(1): 121-137